Portcast hiring freshers|2022/2021 /2020 /2019 /2018 /2017 |5LPA|any degree are eligible |apply job now
You will be joining the Data Science team in this critical role of data management, quality assurance, and analytics. You will work on a data-heavy product that offers our customers end-to-end visibility of their cargo at each step of the ocean movement. Our prediction engine answers when, where, why, and by how many days the container would be delayed. You will ensure that the data ingested in the model and shared with the customers is error-free and of the highest quality. You will own internal performance dashboards and automation processes. The right candidate would be analytical, comfortable with fast-moving organizations, and eager to collaborate with different teams to drive impact across the organization.
Portcast recruitment 2022
- Company: Portcast
- salary: 5 LPA
- Role: Data analyst
- telegram link: Click here to join
- An eye for detail: Looking for anomalies in the system
- Proficient in Python, SQL – able to write reusable, scalable code
- Experience with data visualization
- Empathy and Urgency: to feel the customer pain and react promptly on a day to day basis
- A Problem solver & go getter: either programmatically or manually meeting customer expectations and delivering on time
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders from different departments
- Fluent with written and verbal in English
- Good to have:- basic understanding of machine learning algorithms
Our mission is to transform international supply chains to be more resilient by helping logistics companies realise the full potential of their data. We cater to both shipping lines and cargo airlines. This covers 90% of the world trade volume that travels via ocean and 35% of world trade value that travels via air. We use proprietary machine learning algorithms and real-time external market data (such as economic indices, marine weather, satellite-based data, etc) to predict how much cargo will be shipped, when it will arrive and deliver actionable insights. We are excited to be a fast-growing team of software engineers, data scientists and industry experts. Based out of Singapore, we’ve been building together since 2018, and are backed by some of the leading investors including Wavemaker Partners, Entrepreneur First, SGInnovate and Investigate VC
- Documentation, Reporting, Root Cause analysis of Prediction issues
- Analyse ingested and system generated data for anomalies and gaps
- Refer to a various data sources to plug those gaps
- Create data stories and come up with possible solutions in terms of QA process flow change and/or automation. Own the subsequent plan and execution.
- Automation of Performance/Accuracy review processes, report generation, data visualization using Python, SQL
- Support engineering and data science teams in system level data fixes. Understand how the engine makes predictions, explore possible improvements in the process by fixing/introducing new data/features.
- Support the customer operations, marketing team in getting insights from the data, such as performance, accuracy metrics, impact of real time events etc. as required
- Maintain, own internal and customer dashboards based on the trail/account requirements (e.g. prediction accuracy, timeliness, coverage, explainability)